Join our Official Discord Server for the opportunity to partake in events, giveaways, key-alls, and more!

Menu

0 ONLINE OPCRAFT.NET
0 ONLINE Join Discord

server use to be good

_Marc_us__

God
God
the one thing about this server i enjoyed, was skyblock, it was unique and was fun. i had a great time, but it was when julian got power hungry our og opcraft faded away, now ik this is gonna get locked by "YAYMC" staff most likey... cuz no one wants to apply here. but anyway i think it would be better to shut the server down or actually try fix the server. i enjoyed skyblock, and the server. once nick and charles were gone, server is gone, as im writing this. 23 people and most are afk or bots..

im gonna post some personal opcraft memories here.

Julians ts channel.PNGNinja doing dirty with mom.PNG#MakeMarcusAdminAgain.PNGAdmin.PNGEcho backs up my admin promo.PNGJulians ts channel.PNGMajestic extra love me.PNGNinja doing dirty with mom.PNGPeople Supporting me 1.pngrockingowl luvs me.PNGsmoke promo me channel admin.PNG

Attachments

WhoJustGotAnL

Overlord
Overlord
Shame the server had to end like this, I’ve resigned as well, half the team let overnight cause of something and btw there’s no yaymc staff left

Yaozo

Immortal
Immortal
The server is dead, They made it even more dead by demoting Retro because that made half the admin team leave. Sad tbh said retro didn't do anything. The server will NEVER become what it once was 300-400 players daily, Julian if you read this, Close the server already. You got fired from McPrison so you don't make any money at all, at this rate you are just losing money.

The 2 weeks Envyful has been here all he has done is literally NOTHING, I don't see why Julian likes Envyful more than Dylan.
Dylan actually did something for the server.

On top of that Julian owes 300$ to a player, what does Julian do? blacklists the player because he doesn't wanna pay him.

Pro
Pro
The server is dead, They made it even more dead by demoting Retro because that made half the admin team leave. Sad tbh said retro didn't do anything. The server will NEVER become what it once was 300-400 players daily, Julian if you read this, Close the server already. You got fired from McPrison so you don't make any money at all, at this rate you are just losing money.

The 2 weeks Envyful has been here all he has done is literally NOTHING, I don't see why Julian likes Envyful more than Dylan.
Dylan actually did something for the server.

On top of that Julian owes 300$ to a player, what does Julian do? blacklists the player because he doesn't wanna pay him.
THATS. HOW. IT. FUCKING. IS.

ItzChilly

Overpowered
Immortal
Overpowered
Opcraft has always had a special place in my heart and in the past, I have worked really hard to bring it up. I've seen OPCraft go from a 400-500 player powerhouse to 40 players right now, honestly, it makes me disappointed.

I've been there for all the drama, the ups, the downs. I do agree with the point that Nick/Charles had a huge role in the uprising of OPCraft and there was always a dysfunction between the big three; and because of the past, I don't believe the relationships can ever be what they once were.

Obviously, irreversible damage has been done and the original community is likely all but pushed away. On a more positive note, I do think OPCraft can be revived, it'd take a lot of effort and good staff.

I believe the only reasonable way to begin to bring OPCraft up again would be to take a few steps back towards the origins.

#1: Regular factions: There's a community for simple factions, mere regulations none of that micromanagement on rules

#2: UltraOP: I think the only way to bring balanced PVP to an ultra environment would be making armor unsackable (lots of unbreaking) as per people will not be able to last any more than 5-8 minutes of PVP at a time.

#3: Skyblock: The features have kinda compiled into confusing mush at this point, I think a lot of old features ought to be scrapped and most importantly, there always has to be a bigger goal. Whether it be super powerful armor to be made, a new spawner to go after, sick island upgrades, it needs to be at a personalized scale.

#4: Prison: I think it COULD be done, but I've never seen a successful iteration of prison pushed by OPCraft. I think really doubling down on the first three-game modes I mentioned would bring more of a benefit.

I believe the only reason I wrote this is that I still think OPCraft can do well and I hope my efforts haven't been wasted. I know everyone has their own plan and I believe this is what would work based on previous success.

Last edited:

Pro
Pro
Opcraft has always had a special place in my heart and in the past, I have worked really hard to bring it up. I've seen OPCraft go from a 400-500 player powerhouse to 40 players right now, honestly, it makes me disappointed.

I've been there for all the drama, the ups, the downs. I do agree with the point that Nick/Charles had a huge role in the uprising of OPCraft and there was always a dysfunction between the big three; and because of the past, I don't believe the relationships can ever be what they once were.

Obviously, irreversible damage has been done and the original community is likely all but pushed away. On a more positive note, I do think OPCraft can be revived, it'd take a lot of effort and good staff.

I believe the only reasonable way to begin to bring OPCraft up again would be to take a few steps back towards the origins.

#1: Regular factions: There's a community for simple factions, mere regulations none of that micromanagement on rules

#2: UltraOP: I think the only way to bring balanced PVP to an ultra environment would be making armor unsackable (lots of unbreaking) as per people will not be able to last any more than 5-8 minutes of PVP at a time.

#3: Skyblock: The features have kinda compiled into confusing mush at this point, I think a lot of old features ought to be scrapped and most importantly, there always has to be a bigger goal. Whether it be super powerful armor to be made, a new spawner to go after, sick island upgrades, it needs to be at a personalized scale.

#4: Prison: I think it COULD be done, but I've never seen a successful iteration of prison pushed by OPCraft. I think really doubling down on the first three-game modes I mentioned would bring more of a benefit.

I believe the only reason I wrote this is that I still think OPCraft can do well and I hope my efforts haven't been wasted. I know everyone has their own plan and I believe this is what would work based on previous success.
Yes Chilly. Yes.

Envyful

Staff member
Developer
Administrator
Hi everyone,

Firstly I'd like to apologize for leaving when everything was going so well during last September (2019). Unfortunately, it wasn't the right time for me and I couldn't deal with the pressure. However, I've come back now to see the server a complete mess and the people in charge running it further into the ground.

For context, I came back after speaking to Julian only a few days into the New Year because I thought it'd be a relatively easy way to spend my time only working on content releases and basic resets. But only a few days after joining back I could immediately tell that this was not going to be the case. As I'm sure many of you are aware Prison release was announced (and anticipated) to be many weeks prior to the low quality beta that was eventually released. This was a result of the poor management and administration that I came back to. I'll get back to Prison later, but first I'd like to start with our plans for Skyblock.

For starters, @ItzChilly was correct in a lot of what he was saying about Skyblock and I was having the exact same conversations last week with the administration team about the coming reset for Skyblock. (https://gyazo.com/71bb8577568654cae2d517dd785eafbd This was one part of the short conversation that occurred later in the Administration group chat that has since been deleted) I personally believe there's a lot to be done with Skyblock and under the correct guidance I think we could bring it back to something everyone could enjoy playing again. I'm happy to discuss these ideas in more depth somewhere else and I'm also not closed to other suggestions from the community on this topic.

As for a Factions server, I believe this will be coming in the near future at first as a casual Factions server and then maybe later making the return to the competitive server Lava once was. Once again, I agree with @ItzChilly that this is something we need to focus on; and when the time comes this server will have my complete dedication for a solid release. However, presently I think it's best to focus on the servers that are currently on the network and taking them to a higher quality.

In regards to UltraOPFactions, unfortunately this server has slowly been fading on OPCraft and personally I am unsure of how to go about bringing the community back to this server. From what I can see the only reason people play on it currently is because it's currently an over simplified version of KitPvP. I'd love to hear other opinions on this as well, however currently Julian is pushing for a KitPvP server to replace Ultra.

Finally moving on to Prison. As I'm sure you have seen from the failure that was the "OPJails Beta" the server was not only half arsed but also a complete waste of time. The development work on OPJails started in early December and finished upon the release of the beta server. The only way I can describe the time invested into that server so far is wasted. I have since started rewriting that server and from Saturday to Sunday I have rewritten 90% of what was written. This is the only time where I will disagree with @ItzChilly and I truly believe this server could do well if worked on properly. Unfortunately all the work so far is completely wasted but I will be working hard to make sure it's at just a high quality as the rest of the network once I'm finished. This server was the result of the poor management and administration that has since left the team. If there's anything that should persuade you of how poor their management was it should be this server.

So what's the plan of action moving forward? My plan is to start by finishing rewriting Prison and re-opening the beta server. This is so that we can collect feedback from the testers and iron out as many bugs as possible whilst other parts of the network are being focused on. So once that's rewritten, I will then be working on the Skyblock release I referenced earlier. I'm hoping this release will completely change OPCraft Skyblock and bring it to a standard that everyone can be happy with. Past that I have no real plans however I'm sure we'll work them out as a community. My main goal is to raise the standard of this network to something we can all be proud of and everyone can enjoy playing once again.

I hope this answered any concerns and queries you have. I completely understand where you're coming from and I will be working hard with the management team to ensure we don't let you down.

_Marc_us__

God
God
agree with

everything there

_Marc_us__

God
God
Hi everyone,

Firstly I'd like to apologize for leaving when everything was going so well during last September (2019). Unfortunately, it wasn't the right time for me and I couldn't deal with the pressure. However, I've come back now to see the server a complete mess and the people in charge running it further into the ground.

For context, I came back after speaking to Julian only a few days into the New Year because I thought it'd be a relatively easy way to spend my time only working on content releases and basic resets. But only a few days after joining back I could immediately tell that this was not going to be the case. As I'm sure many of you are aware Prison release was announced (and anticipated) to be many weeks prior to the low quality beta that was eventually released. This was a result of the poor management and administration that I came back to. I'll get back to Prison later, but first I'd like to start with our plans for Skyblock.

For starters, @ItzChilly was correct in a lot of what he was saying about Skyblock and I was having the exact same conversations last week with the administration team about the coming reset for Skyblock. (https://gyazo.com/71bb8577568654cae2d517dd785eafbd This was one part of the short conversation that occurred later in the Administration group chat that has since been deleted) I personally believe there's a lot to be done with Skyblock and under the correct guidance I think we could bring it back to something everyone could enjoy playing again. I'm happy to discuss these ideas in more depth somewhere else and I'm also not closed to other suggestions from the community on this topic.

As for a Factions server, I believe this will be coming in the near future at first as a casual Factions server and then maybe later making the return to the competitive server Lava once was. Once again, I agree with @ItzChilly that this is something we need to focus on; and when the time comes this server will have my complete dedication for a solid release. However, presently I think it's best to focus on the servers that are currently on the network and taking them to a higher quality.

In regards to UltraOPFactions, unfortunately this server has slowly been fading on OPCraft and personally I am unsure of how to go about bringing the community back to this server. From what I can see the only reason people play on it currently is because it's currently an over simplified version of KitPvP. I'd love to hear other opinions on this as well, however currently Julian is pushing for a KitPvP server to replace Ultra.

Finally moving on to Prison. As I'm sure you have seen from the failure that was the "OPJails Beta" the server was not only half arsed but also a complete waste of time. The development work on OPJails started in early December and finished upon the release of the beta server. The only way I can describe the time invested into that server so far is wasted. I have since started rewriting that server and from Saturday to Sunday I have rewritten 90% of what was written. This is the only time where I will disagree with @ItzChilly and I truly believe this server could do well if worked on properly. Unfortunately all the work so far is completely wasted but I will be working hard to make sure it's at just a high quality as the rest of the network once I'm finished. This server was the result of the poor management and administration that has since left the team. If there's anything that should persuade you of how poor their management was it should be this server.

So what's the plan of action moving forward? My plan is to start by finishing rewriting Prison and re-opening the beta server. This is so that we can collect feedback from the testers and iron out as many bugs as possible whilst other parts of the network are being focused on. So once that's rewritten, I will then be working on the Skyblock release I referenced earlier. I'm hoping this release will completely change OPCraft Skyblock and bring it to a standard that everyone can be happy with. Past that I have no real plans however I'm sure we'll work them out as a community. My main goal is to raise the standard of this network to something we can all be proud of and everyone can enjoy playing once again.

I hope this answered any concerns and queries you have. I completely understand where you're coming from and I will be working hard with the management team to ensure we don't let you down.
to get into more context
with skyblock, all of that i completely agree with, and i think they've added way more than needed, at a certain point it just got too much, and instead playing for fun, it turned into playing for is top.

with factions, i played that a lot about 4 years ago and thats when i was enjoying it, maybe not 4 years but around raiin the female was manager or something like that ( some might rem her) but opfactions got ruined from it just being the same faction winning f top 1 every time, getting paypal/buycraft every week winning every week and became a never ending loop, and than i got demoted when i was mod+ for telling nick how lotho abused for that top faction with unbans ETC

ultra op factions. Now that was something i enjoyed 4 years ago, just get your kit and pvp, it was so relaxing and fun. there always use to be hackers but not as much anymore. I personally think they have added way too much stuff to ultra now, its way too advanced for what it used to be.

anyway with envys comment, i agree with almost all of it. i just think if they can put things back a couple years ago and not lie about payouts and shit, than the server will be alright again i hope

Vehrs

Warlord
Warlord
Hi everyone,

The best way to bring ultra back would be to balance the pvp with the mcmmo. Currently there is not much skill needed to kill someone, you just have to spend 30 minutes grinding creepers and you have max axes and have the power to 2 tap people. A great start to ultra would be to fix this. I've been playing on ultra for years now and when I first got on the server 4 years ago It was great. It had good regen and you needed skill to kill someone, there was very few moments where you had a 2tap/3tap to kill someone. You had a lot more fun and you could survive much longer, in some fights you could even break an entire stacked (64x) gear-set from fighting someone and I miss these days. If you could fix the pvp a lot of players will be coming back to ultra. A lot of people left because this pvp was unbalanced and it could also be the main solution to bringing ultra back. Making it a kit pvp server won't fix anything it will only make it worse, or so I personally think. Once the pvp is fixed you should focus on getting staff members that are good and can help to change the server in a positive. This is what I personally believe is the best and other people would love it. Currently I think that ultra should be reset and when it releases again all of this should be fixed and the player amount will be increased and many more players will be playing.

Vehrs

Warlord
Warlord
Here u have some old reports, look at the pvp there and the regen.

I miss this regen and all the og ultra players and new ultra players do too, fix all the problems I said above and the server population will grow.

_Marc_us__

God
God
Here u have some old reports, look at the pvp there and the regen.

I miss this regen and all the og ultra players and new ultra players do too, fix all the problems I said above and the server population will grow.
nah just bad, jk ily sr mod